About the course
Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) CPC50220
CRICOS Course Code : 105871B
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with clients.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
On successfully completing this course, graduates will receive the nationally recognised
CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
The duration of this course is 104 weeks and up to 24 weeks of term breaks
Face to face classroom at Nova’s South Melbourne Campus & Nova Building Barn
On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment as
- Construction Project Manager
- Contract manager
- Building supervisor
- Building Contractor
All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognised exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
Nova Institute of Technology also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
For overseas students on an Australian student visa, NIT has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Students exiting this qualification may choose to progress with further studies by undertaking one or more of the following qualifications:
- CPC60220 Advanced Diploma of building and Construction (Building)
UNIT OF COMPETENCY
|Manage WHS risks
|Lead WHS risk management
|Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
|Select, prepare and administer a construction contract
|Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
|Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
|Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
|Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
|Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
|Read and interpret plans and specifications
|Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
|Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
|Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
|Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C buildings
|Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Type B construction
|Monitor costing systems on complex building and construction projects
|Supervise the planning of onsite building and construction work
|Select and manage building and construction contractors
|Administer the legal obligations of a building and construction contractor
|Manage construction work
|Manage environmental management practices and processes in building and construction
|Manage professional technical and legal reports on building and construction projects
|Apply structural principles to the construction of buildings up to 3 storeys
|Manage building and construction business finances
|Manage project quality
|Lead and manage teams in the building and construction industry
|Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability