Certificate III in Baking FBP30521
CRICOS Course Code : 107368A
COURSE DESCRIPTION This course provides the specialist technical skills and knowledge to bake bread, cake, pastry, and biscuit products, making student eligible to work in a commercial baking environment. Students will learn the fundamental technical, artisan and creative skills of commercial bread, cake and pastry production. QUALIFICATIONS On successfully completing this course, graduates will receive the nationally recognised FBP30517 Certificate III in Baking.
On successful completion of the course, the candidates can seek employment in the following job roles:
- Pastry chef
- Bakery supervisor.
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognized exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
|FBPRBK2002||Use food preparation equipment to prepare fillings||Core|
|FBPRBK3001||Produce laminated pastry products||Core|
|FBPRBK3002||Produce non laminated pastry products||Core|
|FBPRBK3005||Produce basic bread products||Core|
|FBPRBK3006||Produce savoury bread products||Core|
|FBPRBK3007||Produce specialty flour bread products||Core|
|FBPRBK3008||Produce sponge cake products||Core|
|FBPRBK3009||Produce biscuit and cookie products||Core|
|FBPRBK3010||Produce cake and pudding products||Core|
|FBPRBK3014||Produce sweet yeast products||Core|
|FBPRBK3015||Schedule and produce bakery production||Core|
|FBPRBK3018||Produce basic artisan products||Core|
|FBPFSY2002||Apply food safety procedures||Core|
|FBPWHS2001||Participate in work health and safety processes||Core|
|FBPOPR2069||Use numerical applications in the workplace||Core|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills||Elective Group A|
|FBPRBK3003||Produce specialist pastry products||Elective Group A|
|FBPRBK3016||Control and order bakery stock||Elective Group C|
|FBPRBK4004||Develop baked products||Elective Group C|
Certificate IV in Baking FBP40217
CRICOS Course Code : 0101587There are currently no openings available for this course. COURSE DESCRIPTION This course provides the specialist technical skills and knowledge of an advanced pastry cook working in a commercial baking environment. Students will learn the technical, artisan and creative skills and knowledge required to produce bakery products, solve baking problems, and ensure that baking and business operations are implemented and maintained to optimal performance. To successfully achieve the Certificate IV in Baking, students will be required to complete all units. QUALIFICATIONS Upon successful completion of this course, students are eligible to receive the Certificate IV in Baking , a nationally recognised qualification for the baking industry. JOB PROSPECTS On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment in the following job roles: Pastry cook, Baker or Bakery supervisor ENTRY REQUIREMENTS Candidates must have:
- completed a Certificate III qualification in a field of study related to commercial baking, or
- at least 3 year’s full time relevant employment in a commercial baking environment.
- IELTS band score of 5.5 ( Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognized exam result in line with DHA requirements or
- IELTS band score of 4.5 ( Academic or general version) or equivalent combined with Satisfactory completion of at least 20 weeks of ELICOS or
- Completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English – Language speaking country.
- Be eligible for an English language exemption in line with DHA requirements
- Completed Completion of GE course to a satisfactory level.
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices||core|
|FBPRBK3016||Control and order bakery stock||core|
|FBPRBK4004||Develop baked products||core|
|FBPRBK4006||Coordinate baking operations||core|
|FDFFS4001A||Supervise and maintain a food safety plan||core|
|FDFOHS4002A||Maintain OHS processes||core|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills||core|
|Group B Elective|
|FBPRBK3003||Produce specialist pastry products||Elective|
|FBPRBK3010||Produce cake and pudding products||Elective|
|FBPRBK4005||Apply advanced finishing techniques for specialty cakes||Elective|
|FBPRBK4003*||Produce gateaux, tortes and entremets||Elective|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Elective|
|Group A Elective|
|FBPRBK3005||Produce basic bread products||Elective|
Curriculum is empty